- 1 bag stream fresh broccoli cuts or florets ( can use regular frozen broccoli and cook according to package)
- 1 16 oz box pasta of choice ( I use ziti)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. salt + 1 tsp. salt
- 6-8 garlic cloves
1. Cook broccoli according to package. Set aside in a bowl. Add 1 tsp. salt to the broccoli.
2. Bring water to a boil in large pot to cook pasta. Add 2 Tbsp. of salt to the water before adding in pasta. Cook according to time on the box.
3. While pasta is cooking, chop garlic. Add 1/4 cup of oil to a sautee pan and heat on medium high heat. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant. About 1-2 minutes. Do not brown, as the garlic will have a bitter taste.
4. When garlic is done, add garlic and oil to the broccoli and stir. Set aside.
5. Before draining pasta, save 1 cup of "pasta water" in a separate bowl and then drain.
6. Add macaroni back into the pot. Add in broccoli mixture and the cup of pasta water. Stir to combine.
7. Top with grated parmesan cheese. (optional)