Thursday, July 17, 2014

Almond Joy Protein Shake



I love to experiment with protein shakes.  Start off with a chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry protein powder base and the ingredients you can add in are endless.  I always try and recreate or make something that tastes somewhat similar to a food that I love to eat, but can only eat in moderation.  And candy, I think, is one of the biggest foods people try and recreate when eating healthier.  We all want the taste, but don't want everything else that comes with eating a piece of candy.

 I usually try to add in peanut butter to my shakes because, to me, it tastes like a peanut butter cup.  But when trying to make a shake that has fewer grams of fat, unfortunately, peanut butter is a big no no.  I know.  It makes me sad, too.

If there's one thing that I love just as much as I love peanut butter, it's coconut.  Mix coconut with chocolate and I'll forget all about my peanuty, creamy friend.  Please don't tell him.  I still do love him.

This protein shake contains 30g of protein and 310 calories, making it a GREAT breakfast if you're on the go or you're just not that hungry in the morning.

Ingredients:


  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
  • 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 5 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.



Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,

    Your recipe for this smoothie looks delicious! Do you have other recipes like this one? If you do and you would like to share, let me know! You may contact me via email at gabby@mommi.com.

    Best,

    Gabby Ruiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of protein? Whey or Plant based

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you send me through my email more shake recipes using chocolate whey protein? Thank you so much! Kristina

      Delete