Thursday, January 9, 2014

How to cook rice in your slow cooker

One of the worst nightmares for any mom out there. My stove is broke! Which of course, includes my oven too.  While I wait for the appliance guy to order the part and fix it, I had to come up with meals that could either be microwaved (which are slim and none) or crockpot cooking. Tonights menu was Sushi. So how would I prepare the rice without a burner? That's when my beautiful little crockpot came swooping down from the sky wearing a red cape and a big "S" painted on the front. (okay, slight overreaction). Crockpot to the rescue. Here's how to make perfectly steamed rice in your slow cooker.


 You'll Need:
- 1 T. butter or margarine (I used margarine spread)
- 2 C. of white rice (any rice would work, but that's what I used)
- 4 C. water

Directions:
-Rub butter around the inside of your crockpot
-Add rice and water. (could also use a pinch of salt and chicken broth for a more flavorful rice)
-Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, checking every 30 minutes. 




You're left with perfectly steamed, delicious rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment