But a plate of crispy fries smothered in gravy and melted cheese? I don't take just one. I take the entire plate. And I'm not sorry!
I grew up in Jersey eating this deliciousness and because I currently live in Florida, this dish can't be found anywhere. Trust me, I've searched. So I thought I could recreate it at home with very few steps, and I succeeded. This is the easiest dish to make. You can eat it for a side dish but I just eat it as a main dish because it's so filling but so amazing that I don't want to eat anything else when I have this in front of me.
- Frozen fries (any cut will work but I use crinkle cut)
- 1 Jar brown gravy ( I used Heinz Savory Beef)
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat gravy in a sauce pan on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Deep fry your french fries according to the directions on the package. Drain on a paper towel.
- Transfer to a cake pan, making sure the fries are in an even layer.
- Top with as much cheese as you like.
- Pour hot gravy over fries and cover the cake pan with a plate to make sure all the cheese melts.
How easy was that? What are you waiting for? Go make this, grab a fork, and dig in!!