Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DIY Yarn Wrapped "LOVE" Bottles


 I came across this type of idea a long time ago on Pinterest where someone had wrapped bottles with twine.  I absolutely loved the look and simplicity of it but being I have a different color scheme in my bedroom, I knew the bottles just wouldn't go.  So I decided to wrap them with white and grey yarn and I was so happy with the way they turned out.


Supplies you'll need:
  •  4 bottles - any shape or size will work.  I used 4 empty (and washed out) glass soda bottles


You'll also need:
  • colored yarn (I used grey and white)
  • hot glue gun
  • double sided tape
  • embellishments (I used buttons and flowers that I purchased at Michael's)

 First, I added 4 long pieces of double sided tape to each side of the bottle.  This will prevent the yarn from moving around as you're wrapping the bottle.


 I added a dab of hot glue on the bottom of the bottle and stuck my piece of yarn to it, holding it for a few seconds to have it stay in place. (Obviously this was the second bottle I did because it's a different color) :)


Then I started to wrap the bottle, getting as close as I could to the previous line of yarn so there wouldn't be any spaces.  I continued all the way around the bottle.


{ If you find that you get to the smaller part of the bottle and your yarn seems to be spacing a bit, just add some hot glue underneath to hold it in place and continue wrapping. }

When I got to the very top I just wrapped as much as I could and then finished off with a dab of hot glue and I was finished!


I hot glued each embellishment on to make the letters on each bottle except for the "E", which as you can see was made from yarn.

I purchased these beautiful white sprigs in Michael's and thought they would go perfect with the grey and white color scheme I picked.


I'm so happy with the way they turned out and it didn't cost very much to complete this project.  


This was a DIY project I definitely fell in LOVE with!




No comments:

Post a Comment