This recipe is for a single serving but can easily be doubled or even tripled to feed your family. I made this single serving because I eat different than my family does at times. And experimenting with this recipe, I didn't know how it would turn out to be honest. My family is not ones to be used as guinea pigs. Trust me. I've tried out new recipes and someone ended up eating a hot dog or cereal for dinner because they didn't like what I made. So I figured I'd try it out myself and then eventually make it for the whole family. I made the mistake of letting my husband taste this wrap and before I knew it, I was giving away half of it to him. Needless to say, it was a winner! So I thought I'd share it with you guys and hopefully you'll try it out…and thank me later :)
- 1-2 thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 wraps (wheat, corn, white…whatever you prefer)
- 1 Cup broccoli slaw
- 2 Tbsp. light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. light mayo
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Place in the fridge while you prepare the chicken.
FOR SHREDDED CHICKEN:
- Place chicken breasts in a small saucepan. Add in all other ingredients (reserving 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce) and cover with water, about halfway. Turn on high and bring to a boil. Lower to medium-high heat and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 15-18 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the pot, and set on a plate. Turn heat on high and bring the water that's left in the pot to a boil, adding in another Tbsp. of BBQ sauce. Cook until thick. Remove from heat.
- Shred chicken with a fork or place into a stand mixer for super easy shredding. Place chicken back into the pot and stir to cover with BBQ sauce mixture.
- Place shredded chicken onto your wrap and top with creamy slaw.