Thursday, October 9, 2014

Easy Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes

Well, this is certainly the complete opposite of all the skinny recipes I've been posting lately.  But it's too delicious not to share.  I made this a while back and never got around to posting it.  But I'm doing the world a favor and posting it now.

Okay, so is this the healthiest dessert to eat? I'm going to say no.  But it is better than going out and splurging on a dessert at a restaurant.  And the simplicity of the dessert itself makes it completely worth making and devouring.  I don't know about you, but molten lava cakes are one of my absolute favorite desserts.  The warmness of the cake and the gooey fudge filled center mixed with the smooth cold ice cream, what's not to love?!

I looked around all over the place for a simple recipe.  While I did find a few, most required pans that I didn't have or ingredients that I just knew wouldn't exactly be the taste I was looking for.  So I came up with a way to make it simple.  This lava cake requires no fancy pans.  No fancy expensive chocolate and pretty much no time at all to prepare.  And the taste?  Like heaven in your mouth!




Ingredients:


  • 1 Box deviled food cake mix (ingredients to make the cake as well)
  • 1 Jar of hot fudge sauce
  • 1 Jar caramel sauce
  • Magic Shell 
  • Vanilla ice cream

Directions:

1.   Prepare cake mix according the package.  Grease a cupcake pan and pour batter almost all the way to the top.  (You'll probably get around 21-22 cupcakes.) Bake according to the package and let cool on a wire rack.

2.  After the cupcakes are cool, using a apple corer or a knife, cut a hole in the middle of the cupcakes about halfway down.  Don't completely cut the center out because you don't want the fudge to drip out.  Save the pieces that you cut from the cupcake because you'll be using them in the next step.



3.    In the microwave or a small sauce pan, warm the hot fudge.  Pour into the middle of the cupcakes. Place the cut pieces of cake back onto the cupcakes to hold the fudge in the center.




4.    To assemble your lava cake, flip a cupcake upside down on a plate.  Place the cupcake in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm.  Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top.  Add your magic shell and drizzle on your caramel sauce.  Serve warm.





5.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment