Monday, January 19, 2015

Easy Banana Bread

There's something comforting to me about banana bread.

I remember coming home from school and seeing a tupperware sitting on the kitchen counter that I knew had to either be cupcakes, rice krispie treats, or banana bread.

I actually look forward to my bananas becoming ripe just so I can make banana bread.

I got this recipe from my mother when I first got married and it's the only banana bread I'll ever make.  I've tried healthier versions, subbing out some of the butter for applesauce, or even using whole wheat flour.  While they're all better for your health, they're not better for the soul, people!

This banana bread is moist and delicious and so super simple to make.  You don't need any fancy equipment and you can pretty much just dump everything into a bowl, bake it, and you'll end up with perfect banana bread every time.



___________________
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 1 Loaf

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2-3 very ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 4x8inch loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, mash bananas.  Add in butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla.  Mix to combine.

Add in flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Mix well.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top is firm and golden brown.

Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

Remove banana bread from pan, slice, and serve. (It's delicious slathered with some cream cheese!)

Enjoy.











No comments:

Post a Comment