Cookie obsessed? Perhaps I am. I've tried so many recipes to find the perfect cookie.
But with all the recipes I've duplicated or created myself, there was always something that I didn't really like about each one.
Crunchy edges? No thanks.
Huge chocolate chunks? Meh, not really for me.
Thin crispy cookies? I don't think so...
I've been looking for the perfect soft and chewy cookie and this is the one!
If you've been searching for a soft and yummy cookie that's soft on the inside and chewy on the outside, look no further my friend! This is it.
Unlike pretty much every cookie I've ever tried, these actually become more delicious the more they sit and cool.
Usually I LOVE cookies straight out of the oven. But these are even more fantastic as the hours go by. Which is a good thing...because eating 10 cookies throughout the day isn't as bad as eating 10 straight out of the oven. Right? No? Well I gave it a shot ...
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (excluding chocolate chips).
4. Slowly pur flour mixture into wet mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
6. On a greased baking sheet or parchment paper, drop a tablespoon of dough, spacing them out about 1-2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 8-10 minute. Do not let them brown or over bake. Center will be a little undercooked. That's perfectly okay!
Note: When first out of the oven the edges will be a little crispy. As they cool, they become softer.
Yield: 48 cookies