Sunday, April 27, 2014

Homemade Pasta Sauce


Well I guess it's safe to say that you must be getting a little worried that all I know how to do is cook, based on all the food posts I've been doing lately.  But I am happy to announce that I have many projects currently in the works and WILL post about them when they're completed.  So for now, you'll just have to stare at delicious food and patiently wait.  So sorry!  :)

Anywhoo, I thought that this sauce needed it's own post.  It couldn't be worked into the spaghetti post I'll be doing that actually uses this sauce.  It's a slightly different recipe than my Grandma used to make.   Because frankly, I never have the exact stuff on hand that she always used.  So I had to improvise.  And I'm glad I did.  This sauce is so easy to make but completely full of flavor.  Just like Grandma's.  Well, nothing will ever be as good as Grandma's cooking, but a girl can dream!


Ingredients:

  • 2 -29 oz cans of tomato sauce (any brand will work )
  • 1 -15 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 2 fresh basil leaves, whole
  • 2 Tbsp. dried chopped onion
  • 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped

Directions:

In a large sauce pan, add in your oil and heat on medium high.  Add in garlic and stir.  Cook until garlic is tender, about 1 minute.  

Add in sauce.  Stir.

Add in all remaining ingredients and let simmer on low for 1-2 hours.  

*NOTE: For best flavor of sauce, cook meatballs in the sauce for half an hour.

You can find a recipe for meatballs HERE

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment